Welcome to Arrowhead Pointe Golf Course
Designed back in 2001 this Bob Walker designed masterpiece is nestled in the Northeast Georgia mountains. Located on Richard B. Russell State Park you don’t need to worry about any cars, houses, planes or other distractions. This championship 18-hole golf course is located inside the Georgia state park, with 10 of the 18 holes skirting the shoreline of Lake Richard B. Russell. While much of the water does not come in to play it can assure you both a challenge and some of the best views in the state. The elevation changes, doglegs and well placed bunkers will demand that you use every club in your bag. Our Tifeagle Bermuda greens may not look intimidating but the subtle breaks will make sure you are on your game to score.
Our newly renovated café and golf shop will be able to accommodate all of your off the course needs. With a variety of vendors including Titleist, Adidas, Ahead, Puma and Ashworth you will be sure to find something you can’t live without.
Our café offers a wide variety of made to order items including our local favorite “Bird Dog”. If you are bringing a bigger group, then don’t forget to reserve our Banquet Room for a little privacy to settle all bets and enjoy a home cooked buffet.
Course News and Events
COVID 19 NEWS
Arrowhead Pointe will continue to stay open to the public however we are taking many precautions to secure the safety of not only our guests but our employees. Please look below for a list of procedures and changes we have made:
- The cafe as well as the clubhouse has been closed off completely with the exception of bathrooms
- Guests can access bathrooms from the back entrance
- We will only be accepting credit card payments and we prefer that you pay for your tee time over the phone when booking the tee time
- If you can not pay over the phone we do have a window check-in counter that you may pay for your golf and get drinks, snacks or merchandise through
- All water coolers have been removed from the golf course
- Coolers have been removed from the golf carts but are being given out on an as needed basis
- The holes have been made more shallow so there is no need to pull or touch the flag stick after holing the golf ball
- You may still make tee times over GolfNow or our website but we ask that you call in to the golf shop to pay before you get here
- Carts are being disinfected each night after use
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the golf shop at
Course Awards and Accolades
Arrowhead Pointe @ Lake Richard B. Russell was named in TravelGolf.com‘s Top 10 Courses in Georgia, alongside such venerable courses as Augusta National, East Lake, TPC at Sugarloaf and Ocean Forest. Arrowhead Pointe is the only public course on the elite list.
Arrowhead Pointe was ranked #10 in Golf Advisor’s list of Top 25 courses under $50 in 2017. This list is created by customer reviews. It is a great honor to be given this ranking by the people have played out here and given their thoughts on the experience.